Friday, August 20, 2010

Fortunate Cross Stitcher

I am a very fortunate person as of 30 years ago this month I received as a wedding gift this sampler from my SNL Jayne.This was my first piece of cross stitch and it has hung on my wall all that time. I have always loved this one and like how the S's go around the border and my birds at the bottom. I was introduced to cross stitch by Jayne and Marjorie and I did a few pieces in the beginning but then I had 2 wonderful kids. Cross stitch got put on the back burners for a few years but I have picked it up again lately. The kids have moved on with their lives and I have more time on my hands as I an not employed right now. I enjoy nothing more than sitting on the front porch and stitching. I have a great hubby who has no problem with me stitching all my spare time as he had a mother (Marjorie) who did this also.

I feel very fortunate that I have a great SNL who helps me with all my cross stitching questions and we have enjoyed many years of laughter and fun. I'm also very happy that I have been married to a great guy for the last 30 years who is very understanding and loving .So Below is a picture of my sampler from a special SNL.

Well off to my porch now.


and now I leave you with an inch to stitch
Jan

4 comments:

  1. Awe,,, you still got that old thing? lol (referring to your DH)How our imprints live on eh? oh, and those S's were suppose to have been reversed every other one but you know me...
    Be always in stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Gift
    Enjoy your stitching time And the fresh air :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your sampler. I also love to stitch outside and usually find myself stitching whenever there is a dull moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful sampler. I will stitch when ever I have have afew minutes. It's wonderfully relaxing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment